Sunday 15 February 2009

Release me part 2 - Sterling Silver, Blue Topaz, Apatite and Prasiolite Wire-Wrapped Necklace - By SofiesC


Release Me Part 2 - Oxidised Sterling Silver Blue Topaz, Apatite & Prasiolite Wire-Wrapped Necklace - By SofiesC

Materials: Sterling Silver, Blue Topaz, Apatite, Prasiolite

Measurements: Height of pendant: 2.9 cm width of pendant: 2.3 cm Length of chain: 50 cm

Description:

I am a growing wave without the motion

A glass of water longing for the ocean

I am an asphalt flower breaking free but you keep stopping me

Release me

This is the second part of a series of jewelry I created with inspiration bý the wonderful song "Release me" by the swedish band "Oh laura". I started on this project to challange myself and create new shapes. With this piece I wanted to use a colour that I would not normally use, which is blue, and and try to give a feel of the rolling wave by the sculptural shape of the wire work. It's made out of 12 hand crafted pieces of hammered silver wire forged together by the weaving a tiny 30 gauge wire. The beads used in this project is London blue topaz, apatite, aquamarine and prasiolite. The finished necklace has been oxidized and polished to give it an antique feel and bring out details. As in all of the pieces in the series I wanted to convey the feeling of bursting out of a shell, of being to big for the cage you ended up in and making everything possible to break out. I hope both the lyrics and the piece speaks as much to you as it does to me.

No comments: